Home · Articles · Downloads · Hobby Wear · Forums · Web Links · News CategoriesSaturday, March 17, 2018
Hobby Wear
Web Links
News Categories
Contact Us
Photo Gallery
OpenVMS Bigot
Users Online
Guests Online: 8
No Members Online

Registered Members: 7,057
Newest Member: davem6523
PdfFactory Pro Enterprise 2.31, MATFOR 4.00.061031 in Lahey Fortran, Adobe PhotoShop 9.0 CS2 oem, Trend Micro InterScan VirusWall 6.0, Adobe Acrobat 7.0 Professional sale, Salon Iris 5.05, Drafix Pro Landscape 11.2, oem Adobe PhotoShop CS 8.0 cheap buy, Catia 5 R12 P3 with SP2, Mcafee Secure Internet Gateway 4.5, oem Adobe Acrobat Professional 8 oem, Visual UML 4.1 Developer Edition, sale Adobe CS3 Design Premium Vol for Mac low price, Nuance Dragon Naturally Speaking 9.0 Professional With SP1, Adobe After Effects Plugins, low price AutoCAD 2006 cheap buy, Avid NewsCutter XP 3.8, The Movie Library 1.7.11, oem Adobe Creative Suite Premium Edition 2.0, ProFlyers 6.0 PDF Forms for Adobe Acrobat, PTC Pro Engineer Routed Systems Designer 5.0, sale DVDXCopy Platinum 4.0.38, CyberBizPlan v1.0.165 WinAll, NeverCenter Silo 1.16b, cheap buy AutoCAD 2005, Norton Save And Restore 11, sale Adobe Creative Suite 3 Design Premium sale, Adobe Premiere Plugins Collection 2007, cheap buy Adobe Creative Suite Premium Edition 2.0 for Mac sale, Active Desktop Calendar 6.5.061124, sale Adobe Acrobat 6.0 Professional, X-Rite MonacoPROFILER Platinum 4.8, EmailUnlimited 6.1 Win98NTME, oem Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended sale
Island Computer
View Thread
OpenVMS Hobbyist Program | Integrity Systems Forums | Integrity Software Forum
Author OpenVMS email client

Posted on September 02 2008 21:31
What software can I use as an OpenVMS email client? Ideally I would like both graphical and text support, like an equivalent of thunderbird and pine. The 2nd is very useful when I can only get ssh access to my machine.

Thanks for the help. Mark.
Author RE: OpenVMS email client

Posted on September 03 2008 04:29
Thanks for the help. Almost immediately after making the post it clicked that CSWB would support email, and I am using that quite happily. I'm using IMAP mailboxes, which I know Pine supports quite easily, so I'll probably look into a recent port - with the two I am replacing all the functionality I would normally require on my Linux box. It could be that I can switch to OpenVMS soon with no pain involved!

On a more nostalgic note I remember using All-In-One quite happily - it was towards it's end-of-life but I guess every feature that you could need had been integrated. I liked the text interface, and the powerful search facilities. Certainly at British Gas where I was contracting at the time when it was replaced there was a core of people mourning the loss of the more powerful features that did not appear in the microsoft replacements (certainly the fact that it was integrated made some tasks infinitely easirer).

I never came across the replacement - wasn't there a Compaq office suite? Is this available for IA64 under a hobby license?

Cheers, Mark.
Jump to Forum:

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Member Poll
Are you going to OpenVMS Boot Camp 2016?

You must login to vote.
You must login to post a message.

February 27 2018
To Prohorenko. Please, visit group OpenVMS in the ok.ru

February 24 2018
How much does it cost to buy a complete OpenVMS hardcopy documentation set of the latest version

February 17 2018
Please help to obtain the license on OpenVMS

December 12 2017
HPE only makes the most current version of OpenVMS Alpha / IA64 /VAX available to hobbyists. When I had access to the Alliance 1 program it was the same. No public downloads are allowed by HPE.

December 08 2017
Is anybody knows OpenVMS 8.2 version downloadable version? or CD copy? Thank you very much

December 02 2017
Bitcoin and Blockchain enthusiasts ( plus distributed computing ) please connec / reply: http://www.openvmshobbyis

September 10 2017
lation/ For the most part just use VMS 6.1 media instead of 7.3. But why run the older release?

August 07 2017
Where can I find the write up on running VMS 6.1 using the simh emulator?

March 20 2017
Happy to have found my password again!

March 16 2017
peteherrera. Agreed.

March 04 2017
It would be nice to be able to buy the lastest hardcopy full OpenVMS docset at a very reduced price through the Hobbyist program. smiley

February 05 2017
Decus > Connect > Encompass<Country>

February 02 2017
What's the status of DECUS memberships? Just found my membership card. :-)

January 06 2017
Searching for Pathworks 6.0 for DOS & Windows. Anyone have it?

December 29 2016
The openvms disks question is frequently answered in the forums, and is not something to ask about in the shout box.

Shoutbox Archive