Awhile back, I was lucky to get a MicroVAX II in a BA23 enclosure and Rainbow 100 together from a local thrift shop. It has a TK50 tape drive (no Ethernet, sadly) that's giving me fits. I have been trying to install VMS on it and whenever I try booting off of the drive, it's telling me "?4C DEVINACT, MUA0" (or any combination of MUA0-9) after "2..." appears on the console. The jumpers and DIP switches on the controller appear to be set correctly, the drive is hooked up, and the tape doesn't appear to be shedding and I see the leader.
Also, there is no OS on the hard drive, so I can't see the devices using that. If anyone has any ideas or tips on what to do from here, I would greatly appreciate it. I'm at a loss.
- please let us know the jumper positions of the TQK50 interface controller.
- On which position is the Interface Card in the Qbus Backplane?
- Which other cards are mounted and in which slot?
- Is the Tape spinning when you load a Tape, and when you type in b mua0?
- Do you press the load button after you put in the tape and close the handle?
- Status of the lights at the front side of the TK50 after pressing the load button.
Do you have any Tapes with VMS and MDM diagnostics?