Awhile back, I was lucky to get a MicroVAX II in a BA23 enclosure and Rainbow 100 together from a local thrift shop. It has a TK50 tape drive (no Ethernet, sadly) that's giving me fits. I have been trying to install VMS on it and whenever I try booting off of the drive, it's telling me "?4C DEVINACT, MUA0" (or any combination of MUA0-9) after "2..." appears on the console. The jumpers and DIP switches on the controller appear to be set correctly, the drive is hooked up, and the tape doesn't appear to be shedding and I see the leader.
Also, there is no OS on the hard drive, so I can't see the devices using that. If anyone has any ideas or tips on what to do from here, I would greatly appreciate it. I'm at a loss.
- please let us know the jumper positions of the TQK50 interface controller.
- On which position is the Interface Card in the Qbus Backplane?
- Which other cards are mounted and in which slot?
- Is the Tape spinning when you load a Tape, and when you type in b mua0?
- Do you press the load button after you put in the tape and close the handle?
- Status of the lights at the front side of the TK50 after pressing the load button.
Do you have any Tapes with VMS and MDM diagnostics?
malmberg December 12 2017 HPE only makes the most current version of OpenVMS Alpha / IA64 /VAX available to hobbyists. When I had access to the Alliance 1 program it was the same. No public downloads are allowed by HPE.
nmbonao December 08 2017 Is anybody knows OpenVMS 8.2 version downloadable version? or CD copy? Thank you very much
aarommes December 02 2017 Bitcoin and Blockchain enthusiasts ( plus distributed computing ) please connec / reply: http://www.openvmshobbyis t.com/forum/viewthread.ph p?forum_id=130&thread_id= 2991
malmberg September 10 2017 https://sourceforge.net/p /vms-ports/wiki/VMSInstal lation/ For the most part just use VMS 6.1 media instead of 7.3. But why run the older release?
DoeveR August 07 2017 Where can I find the write up on running VMS 6.1 using the simh emulator?
Bart March 20 2017 Happy to have found my password again!