The Call For Papers for the 2010 Connect OpenVMS Bootcamp will close 1 June 2010. All proposed sessions need to be submitted by 11:59 PM EDT.
This week long event, 12/17 September 2010, will be the most comprehensive technical education and training event dedicated exclusively to the HP OpenVMS Community with information driven by users for users that will be available in 2010.
Here are the topics we are at looking for sessions:
- Storage HW
- Storage SW
- OpenVMS Futures
- Hardware Roadmap with Blades
- Oracle (Rdb/Codasyl/Classic)
- Hands-on demo/learning sessions
- Disaster avoidance/High Availability/Mission Critical
- Open Source
- Software Development
- T4 w/ EVAperf
- WEBES/SEA/ELMC/SIM - maybe hands on
- Advanced Systems Concepts (ActiveBatch job scheduler)
- Beginner's OpenVMS
- Evolution of OpenVMS
- System Management
Some of the session titles already submitted include:
- Introduction to modern runtime environments and languages
- OpenVMS and Web Services: myth or reality?
- To queue or not to queue?
- Integration Technologies and Products for OpenVMS
- Lessons Learned from Porting Software to OpenVMS
- Tutorial on implementing Web Services using gSOAP
- OpenVMS File System Performance Topics
- OpenVMS Dynamic Volume Expansion
- Achieving the Highest Possible Availability
- Using Shadowsets with More than 3 Members
- Using IP Networks as an OpenVMS Cluster Interconnect
- Who Survives Disasters and Why, Part 1: People
- Who Survives Disasters and Why, Part 2: Organizations
- Principles of Troubleshooting and Problem Solving
- Case Studies of Disaster Tolerance and Disaster Recovery
- Using OpenVMS Technologies to Build an Agile Computing Base
- C7000 "Virtual Connect" for OpenVMS
- Using Perl to manage VMS systems
- 60 minutes that could save you from disaster
- Extreme Heritage Solutions for VAX and Alpha
As can be seen there are some great presentations planned. We are looking for MORE! In the past there have been upwards of 100+ different sessions. We know the OpenVMS User Community and the Partners as well as the HP Office of OpenVMS Programs want to make this a very successful event. We encourage you to submit your sessions now!
By the way, speakers get a reduction in the registration fee! A $700.00 discount for speakers, $795 for the week versus $1,495. There are no fees for speakers who are only presenting sessions and not attending the Bootcamp.
You do NOT need to be a Connect Worldwide member to speak at the OpenVMS Bootcamp. Connect would love to have you as a member so you show your support for OpenVMS in their community, but we want anyone interested in presenting a technical session to attend!
We look forward to hearing from you and seeing your session submissions.