The Call For Papers for the 2010 Connect OpenVMS Bootcamp will close 1 June 2010. All proposed sessions need to be submitted by 11:59 PM EDT.
This week long event, 12/17 September 2010, will be the most comprehensive technical education and training event dedicated exclusively to the HP OpenVMS Community with information driven by users for users that will be available in 2010.
Here are the topics we are at looking for sessions:
- Storage HW
- Storage SW
- OpenVMS Futures
- Hardware Roadmap with Blades
- Oracle (Rdb/Codasyl/Classic)
- Hands-on demo/learning sessions
- Disaster avoidance/High Availability/Mission Critical
- Open Source
- Software Development
- T4 w/ EVAperf
- WEBES/SEA/ELMC/SIM - maybe hands on
- Advanced Systems Concepts (ActiveBatch job scheduler)
- Beginner's OpenVMS
- Evolution of OpenVMS
- System Management
Some of the session titles already submitted include:
- Introduction to modern runtime environments and languages
- OpenVMS and Web Services: myth or reality?
- To queue or not to queue?
- Integration Technologies and Products for OpenVMS
- Lessons Learned from Porting Software to OpenVMS
- Tutorial on implementing Web Services using gSOAP
- OpenVMS File System Performance Topics
- OpenVMS Dynamic Volume Expansion
- Achieving the Highest Possible Availability
- Using Shadowsets with More than 3 Members
- Using IP Networks as an OpenVMS Cluster Interconnect
- Who Survives Disasters and Why, Part 1: People
- Who Survives Disasters and Why, Part 2: Organizations
- Principles of Troubleshooting and Problem Solving
- Case Studies of Disaster Tolerance and Disaster Recovery
- Using OpenVMS Technologies to Build an Agile Computing Base
- C7000 "Virtual Connect" for OpenVMS
- Using Perl to manage VMS systems
- 60 minutes that could save you from disaster
- Extreme Heritage Solutions for VAX and Alpha
As can be seen there are some great presentations planned. We are looking for MORE! In the past there have been upwards of 100+ different sessions. We know the OpenVMS User Community and the Partners as well as the HP Office of OpenVMS Programs want to make this a very successful event. We encourage you to submit your sessions now!
By the way, speakers get a reduction in the registration fee! A $700.00 discount for speakers, $795 for the week versus $1,495. There are no fees for speakers who are only presenting sessions and not attending the Bootcamp.
You do NOT need to be a Connect Worldwide member to speak at the OpenVMS Bootcamp. Connect would love to have you as a member so you show your support for OpenVMS in their community, but we want anyone interested in presenting a technical session to attend!
We look forward to hearing from you and seeing your session submissions.
jiml November 09 2018 Thank you , Malmberg ! Exactly what I was hoping for . Reset key & all is well . JImL
malmberg November 09 2018 Eisner was upgraded to the current Multinet Release. As part of that a new host key was generated. The old key was incompatible with newer Linux.
jiml November 02 2018 ssh to eisner is now giving (on linux) "WARNING: REMOTE HOST IDENTIFICATION HAS CHANGED!" , Has the server key in fact changed ?
malmberg June 26 2018 https://www.openvmshobbyi st.com/forum/viewthread.p hp?forum_id=10&thread_id= 2363
bhamakripa June 24 2018 I am trying OpenVMS via SIMH. Need to get OS binaries for v7.3. Registered here but don't have any membership number yet which is needed to get license. Pls suggest what to do. I hardly know anyth
basilh June 05 2018 Any other forum members in Perth, Australia?
malmberg March 24 2018 Probably. More people hang out on the comp.os.vms newsgroup.
vaxpert March 23 2018 I have a PE42A and other Alpha system stuff for sale. I'm in So California. Any interest out there?
goodbyespy February 27 2018 To Prohorenko. Please, visit group OpenVMS in the ok.ru
peteherrera February 24 2018 How much does it cost to buy a complete OpenVMS hardcopy documentation set of the latest version
prohorenko February 17 2018 Please help to obtain the license on OpenVMS
malmberg December 12 2017 HPE only makes the most current version of OpenVMS Alpha / IA64 /VAX available to hobbyists. When I had access to the Alliance 1 program it was the same. No public downloads are allowed by HPE.
nmbonao December 08 2017 Is anybody knows OpenVMS 8.2 version downloadable version? or CD copy? Thank you very much
aarommes December 02 2017 Bitcoin and Blockchain enthusiasts ( plus distributed computing ) please connec / reply: http://www.openvmshobbyis t.com/forum/viewthread.ph p?forum_id=130&thread_id= 2991