Home · Articles · Downloads · Hobby Wear · Forums · Web Links · News CategoriesThursday, March 28, 2024
Navigation
Home
Articles
Downloads
Hobby Wear
FAQ
Forums
Web Links
News Categories
Contact Us
Photo Gallery
OpenVMS Bigot
Search
Users Online
Guests Online: 8
No Members Online

Registered Members: 7,708
Newest Member: nifseg
Sponsors
Island Computer
View Thread
OpenVMS Hobbyist Program | Hobbyist Licensing | VAX License PAK's
Author Encompass (DECUS) Membership Woes
ozboomer

Posted on May 19 2006 14:57
Well, I've tried e-mail... phone... fax... and further e-mails to Encompass Australia and I get no response.

I've also tried sending notes to -whoever- at the VMS Hobbyist web site, as they recommend that if there's difficulties in dealing with your local Encompass, they might be able to help... but that's a dead end, too.

So, it's been a couple of months since I started trying to arrange Encompass membership so that I can get the CD-ROM and license PAKs... and have had no joy. Is this normal? Will I ever get any response from anyone?

Just looking for some assistance/advice.

Thanks.
Author DECUS Australia
HobbyistOne
Super Administrator

Posted on May 21 2006 11:28
They have been active fairly recently, so I'm not sure what's going on.
In any case, look at Encompass US. They are pretty good about getting updates (at least weekly), and you don't have to be a US citizen. The Assoicate level is free.
Author RE: Encompass (DECUS) Membership Woes
robwise65

Posted on October 02 2009 17:08
Hello all I am New to this forum.

I am also having problems with Encompass Australia. Fax number does not work, no response to emails and also I do not think there postal address is current. There seems to be different contact details on there site and also on the PDF membership form that I downloaded from there site.

I really want to become a part of openvms program as I once used the vax/vmx system about 12 years ago and would;d like to run some of my basic and COBOL programs again and play around with the operating system again.
Edited by robwise65 on October 02 2009 17:11
rswise65 rob_wise
Author RE: Still the membership problem
kzsolt

Posted on October 16 2009 09:36
I Try to get hobbyst license.
For this I need DECUS membership. First I try from http://www.decus.org/ww-chapters/index.shtml to contact DECUS Hungary. But I got information does not exists anymore. Then I try more other address from, but without success.

So anybody has information which group still working and ready to join?

Tanks for any advise...
martinv2

Posted on October 17 2009 17:41
kzsolt,

look at the homepage of the Hobbyist site, and get yourself a DECUServe account.

cu,
Martin

P.S.: A big THANK YOU to all people involved in this!

http://de.openvms.org/martinv/
http://de.openvms.org/martinv/
valdirfranco

Posted on October 18 2009 12:57
Excellent work done.

marx
kzsolt

Posted on October 29 2009 09:50
Dear Martin!

First thank you for the help!

smiley But I (we) had problem. To register DECUServe need to telnet://decuserve.decus.org/. But T-com cannot resolve this name. To resolve it user must set nameserver to NS1.arnold.com (192.135.80.5). Here we found this is canonical name to eisner.decus.org at address 67.53.90.116.

smiley So if anybody has a same trouble may the best way to use "telnet 67.53.90.116" or "telnet eisner.decus.org" from command prompt.

kzsolt
Author RE: Registerd
Ken

Posted on April 12 2010 07:17
I have registered with decuserve.org but have not received the e-mail with my membership number in order to finish the license information for my hobbyist disks. Can someone tell me what is going on? I have been waiting four weeks now with out any response.
Edited by Ken on April 12 2010 07:19
Author RE: Use $ HOBBYIST command on EISNER
VolkerHalle

Posted on April 12 2010 21:41
Ken,

if you already have username and password of your DECUServe account, you can login on eisner.decuserve.org and obtain your membership number with the $ HOBBYIST DCL command.

Volker.
http://www.invenate.de
Author RE: thanks
Ken

Posted on April 13 2010 06:48
Thank you,

I did some more research and found the same answer over at hoffman Labs. Now I have my licences but I cannot seem to get the checksum to work. I will be digging a bit more for this answer
VolkerHalle

Posted on April 13 2010 20:15
Ken,

look at this thread, it may help:

http://openvmshobbyist.com/forum/viewthread.php?forum_id=10&thread_id=858

Or try to better describe your 'license checksum' problem.

Volker.
http://www.invenate.de
Author RE: Thanks
Ken

Posted on April 14 2010 05:01
That is what I am looking for. I'll give it a try.
rm

Posted on August 24 2010 15:06
Well, I get my hobbyist number from decuserve (Encompasserve.org), but it didnt works anyway! he website send to me this message:

Your Membership Number is not in our database or is incorrect. Please check with your Chapter to insure it is correct and they have updated us. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Ideas?

RM
--
[email protected]
malmberg

Posted on August 24 2010 16:31
It can take several days for the updates of the encompasserve.org user database to make it to the openvmshobbyist.org site.
Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Member Poll
Are you going to OpenVMS Boot Camp 2016?

Yes

No

You must login to vote.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

malmberg
August 04 2022
No more VAX hobbyist licenses. Community licenses for Alpha/IA64/X86_64 VMS Software Inc. Commercial VMS software licenses for VAX available from HPE.

ozboomer
July 20 2022
Just re-visiting.. No more hobbyist licenses? Is that from vmssoftware.com, no 'community' licenses?

valdirfranco
July 01 2022
No more hobbyist license...sad

mister_wavey
February 12 2022
I recall that the disks failed on the public access VMS systems that included Fafner

parwezw
January 03 2022
Anyone know what happened to FAFNER.DYNDS.ORG? I had a hobbyist account here but can longer access the site.

gtackett
October 27 2021
Make that DECdfs _2.1A_ for Vax

gtackett
October 27 2021
I'm looking for DECdfs V2.4A kit for VAX. Asking here just in case anyone is still listening.

MarkRLV
September 17 2021
At one time, didn't this web site have a job board? I would love to use my legacy skills one last time in my career.

malmberg
January 18 2021
New Hobbyist PAKs for VAX/VMS are no longer available according to reports. Only commercial licenses are reported to be for sale from HPE

dfilip
January 16 2021
Can someone please point me to hobbyist license pak? I'm looking for VAX/VMS 7.1, DECnet Phase IV, and UCX/TCPIP ... have the 7.1 media, need the license paks ... thanks!

Bart
October 16 2020
OpenVMS, and this website!

malmberg
September 05 2020
VSI community non-commercial licenses for AXP/IA64 are available now.

malmberg
September 05 2020
See the forum about licensing. Don't know if HPE hobby licenses still being issued. Commercial licenses still being sold.

silfox70
September 01 2020
I need the license for OpenVMS7.3. Where can I find them?

malmberg
August 29 2020
Eisner, which is currently being moved, got an SSH update and the keys were updated to more modern encryption standards.

Shoutbox Archive