I just restarted my Personal Alpha emulator (on a brand new pc running XPP SP3), and installed OpenVMS 8.3 Hobbyist.
I installed TCP/IP and double checked my config, all seems fine:
I can get out, I can telnet or FTP from outside to my PA (from decuserve.org actually) and I can telnet or FTP on myself (both client and server enabled)
But I cannot Telnet or FTP from my PC to the PA...
The Ping is fine, but no answer from port 21 or 23.
I tried a fixed IP address for PA, same. Fixed address for PC, same.
* URGENT *
1. Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
2. Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
3. Click Edit, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
4. Type DisableTaskOffload as the entry name, and then press ENTER.
5. Right-click DisableTaskOffload, and then click Modify.
6. In the Value data box, type a value of 1, and then click OK.
7. Quit Registry Editor.
8. Restart your computer.
I don't remember the name of that guy who found this solution three years ago, but I owe him a beer !
Edited by DTL on April 15 2012 01:57